Victory Junction Afghan #3

Monday, August 25, 2008
Over at the knitting and crocheting social network Ravelry I needed to find a couple of projects for the "Ravelympics". The idea of the Ravelympics was to challenge yourself with projects during the Beijing Olympics. I picked two projects - The first one was to work another afghan for the Victory Junction Gang and to use the square "Fox's Heart of a Child" which I had previously pattern tested.
Project Notes:
  • I used Red Heart Super Saver colors Cherry Red, Paddy Green, Bright Yellow, Royal and Aran.
  • Adjusted/rewrote rounds 4 & 5 of the original pattern to get symmetry.
  • Made 5 squares each of the red, green, blue and yellow for a total of 20 squares.
  • Using the last three rounds of the square pattern I designed a border using red, blue and yellow.

    The afghan is bright and cheery and somebody at Victory Junction is going to love it. The results, for me, are satisfactory -- BUT -- I am not completely happy. The final round of each square looks fine on their own but when it was time to join the squares the corners became thin looking and pulled in and I do not like it. The pattern calls for a ch-2 in the corners for the final round that must, at the very least, be changed to a ch-3. If I use this square again I would think about something different for the corner and test the join.

    My Ravelry project page for Victory Junction Afghan #3.

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment