Notebook Covers - Valentines 2011

Friday, February 25, 2011
Every Valentines I make a little gift for the girls in my life. For Mother's Day, Sarah sent me a cut of fabric with this adorable heart print -- I just had to find a project for it! About 3 months before February 14th, I start trolling through saved links, Google searches, craft books and any other inspirational source I can think of to find just the right idea to convert into a handmade valentine goodie .

The quest this year culminated with the idea to cover mini-notebooks with the heart fabric. I found the perfect size (3¼" x 4½ ") notebook at Staples and backed each cover with muslin. I stitched across the top and bottom when turning the flaps. Very little fabric was needed for each cover and I still have plenty of this adorable fabric left over for another day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a recipient, they are adorable. But I had no idea Sarah had sent you the fabric because of your love of hearts - that adds a great dimension. I really need to read this blog more often!

Post a Comment