Wedding Heart

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Photo credit:ARBR Pictures

The final component for the wedding amigurumi was a heart. Not only is the heart a natural symbol to include for a wedding but they are my signature crafting motif.

Sarah wanted an updated and modern look for the heart by elongating the humps of the heart to create a deeper V. I studied and made samples of hearts from published patterns but nothing produced the look that Sarah wanted or met my exacting demands for a polished look. Finally, I wound up writing my own pattern and perfected the assembly so well that I made over 100 of them and they became the wedding favors!

I've written out the Wedding Heart pattern to share and you can find it on Ravelry. Also on Ravelry is the project page with all the details for these wedding heart favors.

  Ravelry Pattern Page - Wedding Hearts
  Ravelry Project Page - Sarah's Wedding Hearts

Photo credit:ARBR Pictures


Sarah's father wrote a limerick inviting the guests to take one home for a souvenir.

Though we're saddened that soon we must part,
We can offer a small work of art.
Please select from the heap,
A memento, to keep,
Of our friendship. So, gladly, take heart.

One heart was for the wedding cake.


Photo credit:ARBR Pictures


They are perfectly sized for babies



and cats!



1 comments:

stevenjared0853 said...

This is so beautiful! My sister is getting married and I am planning a nice bridal shower for her. An arrangement like this is going to be amazing. She is tying the knot in one of the finest NYC wedding venues and I am going to decorate that place.

Post a Comment