Signature Quilt

Friday, October 21, 2016

This past spring my sister, brother and I gave a party to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday and I organized a signature memory quilt activity. Using the Siggy Block Tutorial, from the ps i quilt blog, I made a stack of blocks to take to the party.



I chose 8 colors of Fabrico Dual Tip fabric markers to write with and encouraged everyone to decorate a block with a birthday wish.






I love how this project turned out. I especially like the hex shape which is a very nice one for use as a wall hanging but it also works well as a lap quilt. I also like how I was able to include a few blank squares for friends and family who were unable to attend to sign later.

I am not an experienced quilter and there were a few Macgyver moments which I'm sure broke quilting rules (I have a page of notes for things to do differently the next time!) but my design vision was achieved and it is definitely a memory maker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment