- Most scarves measure between 40" to 66"
- Many people swore by the rule that you make a scarf as long as the person is tall. In the United States, the average female is 64 inches tall and the average male is 69 inches tall (numbers are rounded from the Wikipedia article on human height)
- The most common figure bouncing around for a child's scarf was 31"
- The average scarf length is 48"
- A super long scarf length is around 95"
Posted by ladynthread at 8:33 PM Tuesday, October 16, 2007
While I was working on my scarfs for the 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge I needed to research how long to make them. Basically, you make a scarf any size you or the wearer wants but here are some facts to help you decide.