60 Scarves in 60 Days

Monday, October 08, 2007

Yesterday was a long sports day and I needed a project to knit or crochet. Luckily on Saturday night, I was reading and catching up with my favorite bloggers when I came across Dee's progress report for her 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge. I had found my Sunday project!

I took a skein of Caron Simply Soft and chose one of my favorite patterns -- the *K2, P2 *across, K1. I also decided to challenge myself and knit the scarf using only the continental method. There's a lot of wasted motion and strain on my wrists when I knit with the English method because I hold my wrists at funny angles, so I've been teaching myself using knittinghelp.com videos and switching to exclusive use of the continental method. This was going to be my first attempt with a knit ribbing.

The Details:
  • Caron Simply Soft (the color is actually Iris, my camera does not do purple)
  • Size 9 needles
  • 33 Stitches
  • Finished size: 4½" x 48"
  • Will be donated to a local shelter

Oh, the sports results??

  • The Boston Red Sox swept the Los Angeles Angels and advanced to the American League Championship Series.
  • "My guy" Jeff Gordon won the Nascar race at Talladaga and now leads in the championship race.
  • The New England Patriots remain undefeated.

  • Do you think knitting a scarf for the 60 scarfs in 60 Days Challenge had anything to do with such great results?? ..... Hmmm, maybe I should try it again next weekend!!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment